Get Free Hot Water
With the Axeman Fire Flue
Wood Fired Hot Water Heater
The Axeman Fire Flue wood fired hot water heater can be easily attached to your wood stove to produce free hot water. This one piece system, made of heavy duty stainless steel, is a water jacket surrounding a central tube. This unit simply fits between your wood stove firebox and your chimney flue.
Save Money and Energy
After heating and cooling, heating water is usually the highest energy consumer in a typical home. Sometimes up to half of a home’s energy consumption is consumed in heating water. The Axeman Fire Flue wood fired water heater is a simple and practical way to utilize heat from your wood stove that may have otherwise been wasted out the chimney.
Simple to Install
The Axeman hot water heater is designed for maximum heat absorption and minimal cost. The unit is simply installed on top of your wood stove by lifting the chimney flue. Insert it into the outlet of the firebox, then lower the flue onto the Axeman water heater.
Connecting to Your Hot Water System
The Axeman Fire Flue hot water heater connects directly to your home’s existing hot water system. Run a pipe from a T off of your cold water line, to the bottom inlet on the Axeman. Then run a pipe from the top outlet to a T at the outlet of your existing hot water heater tank. All connections can be made with common fittings from your local hardware store.
The top of your hot water tank should be higher than the outlet of the Axeman. This will allow natural convection to circulate the water without a pump. As the water is heated in the Axeman, it rises and flows into your water heater tank. The cooler water at the bottom of your tank flows into the Axeman to be heated by your wood burning fire.
- Installation in as little as a hour.
- For both high and low pressure systems.
- Three quarter inch fittings for both inlet and outlets. Suitable for copper tubing to be plumbed directly to your existing hot water tank.
- Uses compression fittings (olive fittings) no welding or soldering necessary.
- Make sure the outlet on your existing water heater is higher than the water outlet on the top of the Axeman without downward loops that could create air locks.
- If your hot water tank is lower than the Axeman, a pump will be needed.
- If you are in doubt, seek the assistance of a plumber or handyman.
- Insulating all pipes will help prevent heat loss. Pipe insulation can be purchased or made from other materials such as carpet or underlay.
- When your electric water heating is not needed it can be turned off at the power source.
- Longer distances from your hot water storage tank will increase heat loss and efficiency.
- Comes in standard 6″ flue diameter and can be custom ordered for fitting or artistic design at an additional cost.
- Made in Australia to high standards.
- Heavy duty construction is designed to handle up to 300 lbs. (almost double the pressure of an average hot water system).
- Only one of it’s kind being manufactured.
- Shipping is free anywhere in Australia. Shipping available outside Australia at additional cost.
To order your ‘Axeman Fire Flue’, call today on (03) 6295 0987 and
receive free shipping to anywhere in Australia.
All queries to the number above, or…
The Axeman Fire Flue is not distributed by or affiliated with FirewoodResource.com. Please use the contact information above for information about this product.